Do you have a complaint about a mediator or the mediation process? Please use the following Complaint Protocol.
- Complaints must be written and reported to the Director of the Mediation Center promptly.
- The Director shall promptly investigate any complaints and shall take action he/she deems appropriate, within sixty days of the receipt of the complaint.
- If the complaint concerns the Director, the Board of Directors shall investigate the complaint and shall take action deemed appropriate within sixty days of the receipt of the complaint.
- The Director shall inform the Board of Directors of all complaints received, of the results of any investigation, and of any action taken.
- If the complaint alleges a potential violation of criminal laws, the Director shall promptly notify the appropriate law enforcement agency.
- If the complaint alleges a potential claim that may lead to civil liability against the Director, any Mediator, a member of the Board of Directors, or against the Southwest Iowa Mediation Center itself, the Director shall promptly notify the liability insurance carrier for the Center.
- All documentation pertaining to any complaint, to the investigation of the complaint, or to the action taken as a result of the complaint shall be maintained for a minimum of three years from the date the complaint is received.
- All complaints, the investigation thereof, and any action taken as a result of the complaint shall be confidential, unless disclosure is expressly authorized by the Board of Directors or is mandated by statute.